Friday, July 23, 2010

28 Weeks...



TWENTY EIGHT WEEKS! That means this is the start of my THIRD trimester! Wow. I can barely believe it. It seems like I've been pregnant forever (I can't even possibly remember what my belly or belly button used to look like)! But it also seems like just yesterday we found out the test was finally positive!! And now, I am 2/3 or the way there! Only 11 more weeks and we will meet this baby! Very surreal.

This week has been stressful, since I am finishing up the school year. I am trying to get my classroom cleaned, organized, packed, and moved within the next week or so. Luckily I have a lot of good students who will help. Thank goodness for them! I am also trying to get organized for when this baby comes and I need to take maternity leave. Or should I say GET to take leave?!! I am planning on being gone from when I deliver (hopefully I can last that long and nothing puts me on bed rest before then) to the week before winter break - which is about 10 weeks if I last until my due date. I get 12 weeks off total, but if I go in before winter break comes, then I will get two weeks off for winter break and be paid for the entire thing and it won't count against me. Although I get 12 weeks total if I wanted it, I only get 6 weeks paid (using my sick days) even though I actually have more than that of sick days and personal days saved up! Oh well, so I won't be paid for about 4 weeks of my 10, but I'll have sick days and things left over for when the baby is sick later on in the year ... I guess that is good!

My belly has been stretching - for sure. This baby is getting bigger and bigger! She is also so much stronger. She loves to move around - day and night! Her new thing is rolling around - I call it "rumbling." Sometimes it gives me that weird roller coaster stomach feeling - which I don't like at all - but other than that I love seeing her roll around in there. She has been pushing out more and more too. I love to feel the "hardness" and try to guess what it could be - an arm? a shoulder? a head? her back? her butt? :)

You can kind of see her "rumblings" from about 7 seconds on.

I haven't been having baby dreams lately - which has kind of bummed me out! BUT luckily, I had a dream on Friday night (last night) about our little girl. In my dream she was a toddler - maybe 1 and a half or something. She had her daddy's brown hair but with a slight reddish tone in the sun. I think I dreamed about her hair because Jesse and I were talking about it. I hope she has auburn hair - a mixture of her daddy's and mine. Is that possible? She also had long eye lashes that were strawberry blonde. She was just so cute. We were at the store with her shopping in my dream - which is pretty much our favorite place to be anyway. ha.

I got a gift this week too ... like the best gift ...
Shayann, my bestest friend at work, said she was going to get me a diaper bag for my shower. Well she got it, and couldn't wait for me to have it (which is awesome, because I love getting gifts early too! hah). It's the cutest bag - just the right size, with a super cute print. It has all of the bells and whistles (ones I had no idea even existed)!
Seriously there is insulated pockets on the sides to keep bottles warm/cold, a "mommy pocket" in the front to keep all of my things, two pretty large size pockets on the inside with more pockets/zippers inside of them - to keep diapers, wipes, toys, etc, and a pocket on the back outside with a changing pad inside of it. Get this - the changing pad has MEMORY FOAM inside of it. What? I know. haha. Too cute! The strap also has a memory foam pad at the top - very comfy! The hardware - zippers, hooks, and everything is so cute too ... with stars engraved in them and rhinestones on them! I absolutely love it. It was so sweet of her to get this for me, I feel so very spoiled! Thank you so much Shayann!!


Our little baby girl...
She weighs about 2.25 pounds and measures about 14.8 inches! WOW! She can blink her eyes, which now have eye lashes (what color?). She continues to develop billion of neurons in her brain and add more body fat in preparation for life in the 'outside' world.
-babycenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment