Sunday, July 11, 2010

26 weeks ...

Nothing really exciting happened this week. Just getting bigger and bigger. It's funny though, when I see a picture of myself, I think "am I really that big?" Even though I feel big, especially when trying to get up and down or sleeping, I don't feel like I really look THIS pregnant. Very strange.

I'm starting to hit my bump on things - run into my students, open doors and scrap by my tummy, things like that. Definitely not used to it being there. Luckily they aren't bad hits - I just need to be more careful, especially since it will only be getting larger and larger!

A new item I bought this week is this adorable onsie. I hope my little girl loves oldies music as much as I do! ...


After spending an entire week with my little sister (13), I have become very worried about out girl's teenage years. What the heck am I going to do? Mysister spends FOREVER in the bathroom getting ready. It's insane. Luckily we get a long pretty well, so she usually listens to me when I ask her to do something...but it definitely won't be the same when I'm the MOM. Luckily, I'll also be 13 years wiser (wow 37!) once she's 13, so we'll see. Take it a few years at a time, right?


Took this video of her "dancing" - she LOVES music. I listen to a lot of it while I am on the computer, especially the baby Motzart music I downloaded. Here is a little of her dancing. You gotta pay attention RIGHT at the beginning, before I move the camera. There is a little at the end too. Unfortunately, once I get up to get the camera she slows down a little. She was doing it a lot more before I took this. ha. I love it!!!
Baby dancing!

Our baby girl has been developing a lot this week:
Her ears are much more developed and more sensitive than before. Luckily I play lots of music for her. She seems to love it. I found an entire collection of Motzart for the womb. Very cool. She is developing her lungs by inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid. She's also putting on more and more baby fat and now weighs a little more than 1.7 pounds! She's about 14 inches long too.
Via babycenter.com
=

1 comment:

  1. You're such a cute Mommy-to-Be! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete