Monday, April 26, 2010

16 Weeks...


At 16 weeks ... nothing new has really happened.

I have been feeling MUCH better this week. Kidney infection is practically gone and all of my antibiotics will be done this week, although I have to continue taking a mild antibiotic every day for the remainder of the pregnancy because I am more likely to get another infection now that I have had one. It kind of stinks to take ANOTHER pill each day (on top of seriously 8 others already), but I am glad she is keeping me on them, because after how fast the kidney infection came, I was very worried about getting another one. So I guess I am happy she's keeping me on the antibiotics!

Something cool that happened this week - Friday morning when Jesse was getting ready for work I thought I felt the baby. It was kind of the same feeling I have been feeling the past week or so, but when I put my hand on my belly I could feel the movements through my belly too. So I called Jesse and made him feel. It stopped almost immediately, but he felt it for a second. How cool is that? Awww. Her movements don't feel like much. Kind of bubbly or "popping-ish." I love it though! :)

I have also began to really have a "baby bump" this week. It kinda just popped out. It may still be mistaken for a beer belly though, but two strangers have actually asked if I was pregnant. One when I was getting my nails done - and she is also pregnant (about 12 weeks along) and one lady at Whitnie's baby shower over the weekend. Those ladies have guts though, I would never ask a girl with a "gut" if she was pregnant and how far along. I would definitely wait and it would have to be super obvious!

I have also gone Craig'sList crazy! Since Jesse and I got a new car we placed the old car up for sale and I put it on Craig's List to get more buyers...but then I saw a link for "baby and kid" I clicked there and have not been able to stop! I found maternity clothes, baby items, baby clothes, etc. It's been awesome! WOOooOo for cheap, but nice, things! :)

What our baby is up to this week:
Our baby girl is about 4 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces. Patterning on the scalp has begun, even though hair is not really recognizable yet. Toenails are growing. Her heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood now each day. (Actually Jesse and I even noticed the difference in the sound of her heart from the doppler we have. Her heart sounds stronger and is also slowing down to about 140 beats/minute rather than 155-160 like it was earlier.)
Thanks BabyCenter.com

1 comment: