Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gender Ultrasound!!

We went in today to find out the gender of our baby!!!
My friend Whitnie, was the one to actually do the Ultrasound. I have known this girl since 6th grade! She is also pregnant right now, with a girl, due in June, and has he cutest baby belly! I was so excited to see her!
We invited a few people to come along with us (my sister Roxanne, my friend Michelle, and my sister in law Cecile). We we all were patiently waiting. So excited! When we got into the room and Whitnie started scanning, it was just too cool. The baby has gotten so much bigger since the last time we saw her on an ultrasound. She checked the gender "area" and I could have sworn it was a boy, we all saw something, but we have no idea what we're looking at! haha. So after about 3 minutes, which seemed like forever, Whitnie finally said "okay, I'm sure I know what it is..." Keeping us all in suspense while she found the perfect picture to show. I even said "it's a boy, isn't it?" ...

Drum roll please.....
It's a GIRL!!!

We're going to have a daughter! Wow!

The "money shot"

We also found out many of the scary defects you can detect through ultrasound technology were ruled out. She looks as healthy as she can be! We couldn't be happier!
She is definitely a mover though. She was squirming around like crazy! Her legs were wrapped around each other like a pretzel. Too cute!

These are just some of the ultrasound pictures we got from the session:

Tiny Profile


Look at that tiny hand. You can see every bone!


A 4D picture. She looks like she is exhausted...with her hand on her forehead like that! ha.


Her back. Her spine looks perfect!


Her tiny profile

Her very tiny BRAIN. The little circle in the middle - it shows both hemispheres. Wow!



Add Video
We are still working on a name, but it will be a much easier task knowing it's a girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment