Friday, August 6, 2010

30 weeks ...



Wow! I'm already in the "thirties" how exciting!

This week I am continuing to be "crafty." I figured out how to crochet a beanie, now I just need to figure out how to change sizes (because it's for a toddler, but I want to make newborn-3 month ones). We'll see how well I do with that!
Here is the finished thing though - I made some crochet flowers to go on it (with clips on the back so you can change them out to match outfits!) AND even clipped some of my regular headband flowers I made a few months ago. I think it's adorable! I can't wait to see it on a little girl!

I'm also going to try to make other patterns - ones with bills in the front and multicolors. Again, we'll see how they turn out. More than anything I need to make them the right size!

This little girl has been hurting me lately with her "jabs." It hurts pretty bad, enough to make me stop talking and make a face until she's done. I think it's her elbow or something - because it feels sharp and pointy. Ouch! Luckily it doesn't happen every day - but the days it does happens it happens a lot. Be nice baby! :)
This week I can definitely feel the start of the third-trimester-uncomfortable-days! Ugh. As she gets bigger and I get bigger it is waaay more uncomfortable. It's hard to sleep, lay down, or even sit. Usually she stays waaaay low (which kind of makes my belly odd shaped), but lately she stays down there but curls up towards my chest and sticks her feet waaay up there. When she does this I can't bend the top half of my body. She's in the way! Luckily though, she hasn't gotten under ribs or anything - the bad things I hear about! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. With 10 weeks to go still, I'm sure she'll manage to do that too! ha.

We accomplished two exciting things this week: 1. decided which hospital we'll deliver the baby at AND 2. went to our Child Birth Classes.
Wednesday night we went to Mountain View Hospital and took a tour. It was about an hour long, and the lady giving the tour did a great job. All of the questions I had were answered - and more importantly they were answers I was hoping to hear! So even though we planned on checking out another hospital before we made our choice, we decided on this one. I'm excited to have that out of the way - and we know where to go once we get into the hospital, we know where everything is in the maternity ward, etc.
Saturday, ALL day, we had our Child Birthing Class. We took this class at Sunrise Hospital, because they offered a better class (more involved) than the one at Mountain View. The class was from 8:30-4:30, but luckily we got out an hour early! Woo! The ladies teaching the class were great, not shy at all about explaining everything and answering all questions. We learned about labor, birth, breathing techniques, diapering, swaddling, breastfeeding, etc. etc. etc. Jesse says he feels so much more excited now. Me, I feel so much more freaked out! I'm really going to be giving birth to a baby. Holy cow! BUT I am also so ready and excited. I can't wait! :)

Now I just have a huge list of things we need to get done BEFORE the baby gets here - like for one, really finally change my last name over to Bonzo officially on my Social Security card...so the baby can take Bonzo as her name in the hospital. AND get together a hospital bag to take with us, and choose a NAME?, and choose a pediatrician, and, and, and.... a ton of stuff!


Our little baby girl:
She should be about 15.7 inches long and weigh about 3 pounds (although considering last week she weighed 3.5 pounds, I am sure she is much larger than this). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in the uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though ts not very keep; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision - she will only be able to make out objects a few inches from her face.
-via babycenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment