Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Doctor's Appointments (32 & 34 weeks)


Within these last few weeks I've had three doctor's appointments...

1. August 20th - 32 weeks - with my OB/GYN. Just a regular appointment, nothing fancy. She switched my antibiotics to half the dosage now, since we're getting to the end of the pregnancy and it's not as safe to take these antibiotics. I will stop taking them altogether at 36 weeks.

2. August 30th - 34 weeks - with the Ultrasound Office. This is our last appointment with this office. They said if everything looks fine still, she won't need to check on her anymore and we'll just wait for birth (in just a few short weeks)!! Of course we got some pictures of our cute baby girl ... but she's so big and so crammed in there now they weren't really that great. This one is hard to make out ... it's her profile with her arm on top of her face.



3. September 1st - 34 weeks - with my OB/GYN. Just another regular appointment. I go every two weeks now. Next time though I will start going every week. Wow, it's really getting close!! Nothing really happened at this appointment - EXCEPT I noticed I gained waaay too much weight. I'm supposed to be gaining like 1.5 pounds a week right now, WELL since 32 weeks I gained SIX pounds, instead of three!!! I'm so disappointed in myself and definitely need to do a better job of laying off of the sugar and walking more. I think my two weeks of "summer vacation" messed me up too. So I'm looking forward to my next two week appointment when hopefully I gain a little less than I'm supposed to - to make up for this time! We'll see. I'm just sooo hungry all of the time; I just have to make better food choices. Dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment