Monday, May 17, 2010

19 Weeks...


The baby has been kicking like a maniac all week! I am absolutely loving it!!! Jesse has actually gotten to feel her too. How amazing! I have tried to get video of her kicking, since you can kind of see the twitching from the outside, but I am not sure how clear the video is without me telling you "there it was, did you see it?" - So I guess I will try again in a few weeks and see if I can get some better shots when she gets a little stronger!

Here is the video - I cut it down...so the kick is easier to find. It's in the first few seconds (6 or 7 seconds in), don't blink and you might see it. It is on the left side of my belly. Ignore all of my belly imperfections - stretching belly button, scars from moles being removed, and my belly button ring hole! haha. Thanks!



Other than that, nothing new has been happening. Still getting dizzy, hungry ALL of the time, heartburn like I am seriously pouring acid down my throat, and still super tired. Yup, nothing new!

Jesse took this picture. This is what I do a lot.
Thanks Jesse for always waking me up and taking me to bed! :)


We have done some stocking up in the past few weeks. This is what our pile started out looking like...
Right now, it looks like THIS: You can not even tell how much stuff is there - under and behind everything! haha. The best thing? All of this has cost us less than 150 dollars!

Even though we are going cloth - we decided to do disposables when she is born. Cloth diapers (one-sized ones) start at 8 pounds. Since we're not sure how big she'll be, we bought these new born diapers that go up to 10 pounds. Also, I think it will be a little easier for the first month or so and I won't have to do so much laundry! If she is born bigger, or we don't use all of these we can trade them in for larger sizes for when we travel and don't have a washer for the cloth. Great idea, right?
We got ALL of these diapers (12 packs of 36) and wipes (about 10 tubs) for 50 dollars. Total. I love couponing!


Our little girl has been doing some stuff as well - new things are happening each day! ...
Her sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. She may even be able to hear us now! Jesse's making sure she hears lots of The Ramones. haha. She weighs about 8.5 ounces (a little over half a pound) and measures about 6 inches. He arms and legs have grown to the right proportions to each other and the rest of the body now. Her kidneys are fully functioning and making urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting (red hair? hmm). a waxy protective coating is forming on her skin to keep it safe from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
Thanks Babycenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment