Friday, October 29, 2010

Week 4





My baby is not feeling well. She has a stuffy/runny nose, sneezes, runny[er] poop, and isn't keeping her food down really well! It's been since last Friday, a few days now and nothing seems to be getting better. Luckily she isn't running a fever or anything serious like that. Because we went to visit Aunt Roxanne at her nanny job and one of the kids had a runny nose - then we found out on Monday that she was taken to the ER and given antibiotics for pneumonia ... I took Allison to the doctor's right away, just in case.

So our first "sick" doctor's visit ... November 1st. Not even four weeks old! Poor baby! The doctor said it's just a stuffy nose thing, nothing to worry about (thank goodness!) and it should clear up in 7-10 days. I did feel pretty proud of me and Jesse, because everything she suggested to do to help relieve symptoms, we were already doing (sleeping inclined, saline drops, using the nose sucker, humidifier, vicks in the humidifier, etc. etc.)! Yay for us! I hope it clears up soon though. She's one sad little baby! :(
By the way - she weighs NINE pounds now! Wow. Big girl!

This week has been fun with her, except at nights. From about 6-9 she is getting fussy. It's really weird. She'll scream when I try to feed her. When I say scream I really do mean SCREAM (it's the first I've ever heard this screaming)! But I know she's hungry and wants to eat, so I'm not sure what the problem is. We just have to try to calm her down an rock her and pat her back and all of that god stuff. Some of it works, but usually only for a few minutes until she's back crying again. Poor girl. What do we do? I feel horrible too, because Jesse gets home around 6pm and she's freaking out until we go to bed. So sad for him :( He helps out a lot though, and I don't know if I could do it without him. Thanks dad!

This week also included HALLOWEEN. We love our tiny little pumpkin so much ...





By the way ... we're pumpkin farmers ;)


We headed down to Town Square and thought we were going to go trick or treating - with my little sister Nikki and my other sister Roxanne - but decided against it once we realized how many people there were! So we went to yogurt land and got some yummy yogurt, walked around and mainly people watched. It was a lot of fun - until we decided to leave. We got there about 4, tried leaving around 6, finally parked at 8:00 (couldn't get out of the parking lot! There were THAT many people!!!), ate at 9:00, and finally left to drive home about 10pm when the parking lot was cleared out. Crazy, right? But we had a lot of fun showing off our little girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment